The Milwaukee Artist Resource Network (MARN) is pleased to invite the public to the “2020-2021 MARNmentors Exhibition” Opening Reception Friday, November 19th, from 5:30PM – 8:00PM at the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB (191 N Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202).
This event is free & open to the public* RSVPS Encouraged Here: https://marnarts.org/events/#!event/2021/11/19/marnmentors-exhibition
Before attending, please read our COVID-19 Protocol and Guidelines at the end of this event listing.
“2020-2021 MARNmentors Exhibition” is running November 19, 2021 – January 4, 2022 within the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB.
The exhibition features the work of artists who participated in the 2020 – 2021 MARNmentors program.
Exhibiting artists include (Mentors are listed first and Mentees second)
- Della Wells and Ashley Lusietto: Visual
- Mutope J Johnson and Tanner MacArther and Katie Rideout: Visual
- Sharon Kerry-Harlan and Felonee Webster: Visual
- Phyllis Bankier and Elizabeth Bruders: Photography
- Jason Yi and Reid Sancken: Visual
- Todd Mrozinski and Jessica Gruber: Visual
- Santiago Cucullu and Kiefer Waterman: Visual
- Jessica Laub and Miguel Camacho: Visual
- Brad Anthony Bernard and David Perez: Visual
- Ammar Nsoroma and Lasonia Ragsdale: Visual
- Carmen Murguia and Yasmine Whitelow: Spoken Word
- Danielle Paswaters and Fantasia Johnson and Jamie Pitts: Curatorial
- Nirmal Raja and Francesca Simonite: Visual
- Kendall Polster and Nelson Kies: Visual/Sculpture
- Adam Setala and Lamont Smith: Graphic Design and 2021 Exhibition Catalog
MARNmentors is a competitive, season-long artist mentorship program offering emerging artists the opportunity to partner with local established artists to further their artistic practice while engaging in building a career as a working artist. Within these exchanges, mentors help mentees develop project goals and overcome personal barriers that the mentee may identify. The goal is to empower and give accountability to the partnership so that 1) Mentors feel free to give aesthetic, moral and concrete support based on their experiences; and 2) Mentees are able to hold themselves accountable to their own goals.
Each pair of mentors and mentees work together for a season; some meet for a few hours each month for critique, others meet weekly for a more in-depth exchange of skills and ideas. At the end of each program cycle, MARNmentors culminates in an exhibition that highlights the professional and personal developments and collaborations between our talented mentors & mentees.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Milwaukee Arts Board and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin.
COVID-19 Protocol & Guidelines
At this time, MARN requests that regardless of vaccination status all event attendees wear masks while not consuming food or drink (including between sips). If consistent consumption must happen, we ask that individuals find a table and/or chair to sit socially distanced from others not in their group.
MARN reserves the right to monitor the number of attendees, set a capacity limit, and to alter the above protocol and guidelines in order to ensure the safety of its staff and attendees.