“2020-21 MARNmentors Exhibition”
November 19, 2021 – January 4, 2022
The exhibition featured the work of artists who participated in the 2020 – 2021 MARNmentors program, a competitive, season-long artist mentorship program that offered emerging artists the opportunity to partner with local established artists to further their artistic practice while engaging in building a career as a working artist. At the end of the cycle, the program culminated in an exhibition that highlighted the professional and personal developments and collaborations between the talented mentors & mentees.
- Ashley Lusietto with mentor Della Wells
- Tanner MacArther with mentor Mutope J Johnson
- Felonee Webster with mentor Sharon Kerry-Harlan
- Elizabeth Bruders with mentor Phyllis Bankier
- Reid Sancken with mentor Jason Yi
- Jessica Gruber with mentor Todd Mrozinski
- Kiefer Waterman with mentor Santiago Cucullu
- Miguel Camacho with mentor Jessica Laub
- David Perez with mentor Brad Anthony Bernard
- Lasonia Ragsdale with mentors Ammar Nsoroma and Carmen Murguia
- Fantasia Johnson and Jamie Pitts with mentor Danielle Paswaters
- Francesca Simonite with mentor Nirmal Raja
- Nelson Kies with mentor Kendall Polster
- Lamont Smith with mentor Adam Setala
- Phyllis Bankier – Photography
- Santiago Cucullu – Painting/Mixed media
- Brad Anthony Bernard – Visual Artist
- Mutope Johnson – Visual Artist: Painter
- Sharon Kerry Harlan – Textiles, Mixed media, Photography
- Jessica Laub – Ceramics
- Todd Mrozinski – Visual Artist: Drawing/Painting
- Carmen Murguia – Spoken Word
- Ammar Nsoroma – Muralist, portraitist and mixed media painter
- Danielle Paswaters – Curator
- Kendall Polster – Sculpture/Welder
- Nirmal Raja – Painting & Mixed media
- Adam Setala – Graphic Design
- Della Wells – Visual Artist: Mixed Media
- Jason Yi – Visual Artist: Multidisciplinary
As part of the program, the “2021 MARN Mentors / Mentee Exhibition” was curated by the Curatorial Mentor Danielle Paswaters and her Mentees Fantasia Johnson and Jamie Pitts.
In addition, Exhibition Catalogues for display and public disbursement were designed by the Design Mentor Adam Setala and his Mentee Lamont Smith.
An opening reception was held November 19, 2021 with over 200+ community members in attendance and featured spoken word performances by Carmen Murguia and LaSonia Ragsdale, who in addition to being mentored by Ammar Nsoroma on her visual art was mentored by Murguia on her writing and spoken word.
During the exhibition, six works were sold to private collections!