The MARN Administrative Assistant will assist with HUB visitor engagement; raising awareness for MARN’s mission, facilitating sales in the MARN MARKETPLACE, Gallery, and for coordinating events by managing logistics and ensuring MARN events run smoothly. The MARN Administrative Assistant is accountable for championing MARN Membership and acting as an advocate for all artists. This position is required to be informed and knowledgeable of the daily operations, programming, and overall mission of the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB.
To learn more about MARN and the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB, browse marnarts.org.
Job Type: Hourly, Non-exempt, includes weekend hours
Job Status: Part Time, approximately 25 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Wage: commensurate with experience, $16 – $19/hour
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting MARN Staff, including MARN’s MARKETPLACE Manager, Gallery Director, and Operations Manager with administrative and representational duties as needed.
- Assisting with general administrative duties related to their position, MARN events and MARN MARKETPLACE.
- Assisting with coordinating the details of events such as artist talks, conferences, exhibitions, social hours, photoshoots, charity events, business meetings, virtual events, and workshops
- Scheduling and organizing events between MARN and the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB cafe operator (Interval), as well as partner organizations, artists, collaborators and interested clients
- Create and promote events online via our website, social media channels and at the MARN ART + CULTURE HUB
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the MARN MARKETPLACE and ART + CULTURE HUB such as assist in sales and packaging of all retail items at the MARKETPLACE as well as assist in the sale, commerce, management of the works for sale in the MARN Gallery.
- Assists MARN with developing mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations with key arts, business organizations, and MARN members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is highly desired. Previous non-profit experience, event coordination, marketing, retail or related fields preferred.
- Social Media and Marketing Skills: Ability to promote seamlessly on a variety of platforms, including WordPress, Instagram, Facebook
- COVID/Virtual Adaptation: Ability to create simultaneous live and virtual events while adapting to changing COVID regulations
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience: including management of support staff and artists.
- Communication: Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with MARN and Interval staff as well as collaborators and the general public.
- Administrative Platforms: Ability to adapt to and utilize organizational file management structures and team communication channels, including Google Drive and Slack
- Reading/Comprehension Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret a variety of documents such as, Event and Facility Rental Agreements, Consignment Sheets, Inventory lists, policies, procedures, written correspondence, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accuracy – The ability to produce work that is thorough and error-free.
- Analytical Thinking– The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic,
- Initiative – The ability to identify what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it. Pioneers new ideas, approaches, and processes in the workplace.
- Judgment – The ability to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – The ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time
efficiently and develop realistic action plans for completing tasks and projects.
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by skillfully gathering and analyzing information, facts, data, etc.
- Teamwork – The ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Customer Service – The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with customers as well as problem solve issues as they arise
This position is approximately 25 hours per week, including assisting with planning, set-up, implementation and management of MARN Events.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to the classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employee(s) so classified. The Board of Directors retains the rights and discretion to make changes to this job description.
The Milwaukee Artist Resource Network is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter & Resume (in PDF format)
Contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.
We will be accepting applications until April 1st.